Important Folk Asset No. 128
It is a shelter house built by Empress Myeongseong (1851~1895). Originally, it consisted of Anchae, Sarangchae, Haengrangchae and Byeoldangchae, but Sarangchae and Byeoldangchae were removed. Currently, Anchae and Haengrangchae remian. The ㄱ-shaped Anchae and Haengrangchae are arranged in the "ㅁ" shape with a court in the middle. Anchae is located in the southeast inside an inner court. Anbang(a main room)and a kitchaen are vertically located next to Daecheong, and the kitchen was expanded to place a fireplace hole and a storeroom for food supplies. Anbang is spacious, and there is an attic in the upper part of the kitchen, and it is connected to Anbang.
Since Haengrangchae is so long that it can surround the entire Anchae. There are a kitchen and 3 rooms on the left side of the main entrance, and there are a stable, a coachman room, a lower room, a storeroom and a rice storeroom on the right. Overall, it is a very sophisticated house characterized by palace architecture in terms of size, methods and pillars.
Road Name Address
65, Road No.443, Hyuam-ro, Nam-myeon, Yangju-si / Old House No. & Street Address : 282-3, Maegok-ri